1. One Prelude and Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach selected from:
2. One virtuoso etude by:
3. Sonata selected from:
4. A pieces by Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis selected from (duration - 5 minutes):
Note: Pieces specified in points 1 and 3 must be performed without repetitions. Competitors are free to choose the order of performance of their programme. The Jury will listen to one or two parts of sonatas. The programme of the 1st Round is limited to 45 minutes, calculating the full duration of the sonata.
1. A pieces by Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis selected from (duration - 10 minutes):
Note: Participants competing for the special prize awarded for the best performance of M.K. Čiurlionis’ pieces in the 2nd Round must perform M.K. Čiurlionis’ Fugue in B-flat minor, VL 345.
2. Compulsory selected piece by Lithuanian composers written specially for the previous M. K. Čiurlionis competitions:
A piece written specially for 2019 competition: V. Bartulis ''Hanami''.
Note: No less than 3 sketches may be chosen from A. Šenderovas' piece “M.K. Čiurlionis’ Sketches”.
3. One or several selected pieces by 19th -21th century composers.
Note: The programme of the 2nd Round is limited to 50-60 min. Competitors are free to choose the order of performance of their programme.
The I Round pieces can not be repeated in the II Round!
One selected concerto for piano and orchestra:
Note: All rounds pieces must be performed by memory.