IF YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE YOUR BROWSER WAS IDENTIFIED AS BOT
AND REDIRECTED TO MIRROR SERVER.
IF YOU ARE NOT BOT PLEASE VERIFY YOUR BROWSER IDENTIFICATION:
1. About the competition
The competition will take place on 13 September - 24 September 2023.
For PIANISTS Competition will be held in four stages:
- Pre-selection Round (Online);
- 1st Round and 2nd Round will take place in The Great Hall of Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (main building, Gedimino ave. 42, Vilnius);
- The Final Round will take place with The Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra in the Lithuanian National Philharmonic (Aušros Vartų g. 5, Vilnius).
For ORGANISTS Competition will be held in four stages:
- Pre-selection Round (Online);
- The 1st Round will take place in the Evangelical Lutheran Church (Vokiečių g. 20, Vilnius);
- The 2nd Round will take place in the Lithuanian National Philharmonic (Aušros Vartų g. 5, Vilnius);
- The Final Round will take place in the Church of St. Casimir (Didžioji g. 34, Vilnius).
- The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities who were born on or after 01 January 1993, and to organists who were born on or after 01 January 1988.
Note: The competition is not open to previous 1st prize winners of this competition.
- The Registration for the competition will be open from 11 July 2022.
- Registration will be executed through the professional music competition administration platform artistDB only.
- Participants should register online through their existing or new artistDB accounts by 1 July 2023.
- Registration link: artistDB.eu
- You will be able to change and update all information you upload during the registration process until the end of the registration.
- Deadlines and requirements:
- PRESELECTION ROUND VIDEO: may be submitted, amended or modified until the end of the registration.
The applicant must provide a valid YouTube video performance link about 10 - 15 minutes, where he/she/they perform a free program. (Can be repeated from the competition program).
The applicant must provide a valid YouTube video performance link about 10 minutes, where he/she/they perform J. S. Bach Trio Sonata, 1st movement and one piece choose free. (Can be repeated from the competition program).
- Editing of the video recordings is prohibited, but different pieces may be recorded at different times and in different locations.
- COMPETITION PROGRAM: should be submitted during the registration process, but can be modified and amended according to the requirements of the competition repertoire by 10 August 2023.
- APPLICATION FEE: If you would like to use a 40 % Early Payment Discount, you should pay the registration fee until 15 January 2023.
- Each participant shall prepare a programme in accordance with the Competition repertoire. The selected programme should be stated in the application form.
- Pianists - Soloists all programs of all Rounds should perform from MEMORY.
- Participants who have logged in to their artistDB account will be able to change their programs and performance order until 10 August 2023.
- Participants will be required to perform their programs in the order of their own choice finally made in artistDB on 10 August 2023.
- Jury members could stop unprofessional performance.
4. Application fee
- For Soloist -100 EUR
- 40 % Early Payment Discount will be given to those participants, who register and pay the participation fee by 15 January 2023.
- The fee is non-refundable. You will be able to pay by credit card, bank transfer, or PayPal. You will be provided with more detailed information during the registration process.
- It is not necessary to pay the application fee before you start the registration, but if you would like to do so in advance, information on payment methods and bank details can be found at this link.
5. Selection of Participants and Evaluation
- Received applications will be forwarded to the Preselection Committee.
- Candidates will be informed about their acceptance until 10 July 2023.
The possible number of participants:
- PIANISTS: I Round - no more than 38; II Round - no more than 15.; Final - no more than 6.
- ORGANISTS: I Round - no more than 25.; II Round - no more than 12; Final - no more than 6.
- The results of the I and II Rounds will be announced at the end of them, and the results of the Final will be announced during the Laureates Awards Ceremony.
- After the announcement of the results, those who did not make it to the next round are welcome to ask the opinion of the Jury.
- The decisions of the Jury are final and not subject to appeal. The Jury decisions have primacy and take precedence over these rules if the two conflict.
6. Jury members:
Roland Krüger (Germany)
Andrzej Chorosiński (Poland)
Zbignevas Ibelgauptas (Lithuania)
Ivari Ilja (Estonia)
Erik T. Tawaststjerna (Finland)
Cezary Sanecki (Poland)
Sergejs Osokins (Latvia)
Mūza Rubackytė (France - Lithuania)
Sophie-Véronique Cauchefer-Choplin (France)
Johannes Ebenbauer (Austria)
Keiko Inoue (Japan)
Renata Marcinkutė Lesieur (Lithuania)
Leonidas Melnikas (Lithuania)
Oskar Gottlieb Blarr (Germany)
- The students of the Jury members can take part in the competition, but those Jury members are not allowed to vote for their students or have an impact on the decisions of other Jury members and their decisions
7. Prizes and Awards
- The main prize fund of the Competition is 42.000 EUR.
- Other Concert Prizes or Awards from public or private initiatives may be announced and awarded until the end of the Competition.
- According to the voting results and evaluation rules, the Jury (or founder of the prize) will decide who and which prize will get.
- The Jury or Prize Founders decisions about prize winners are final and not subject to appeal. These decisions have primacy and take precedence over the announced rules of prize distribution if the two conflict.
8. Obligations of Participants
- It is forbidden to have contact with the Jury during the competition (unless the participant is a student of a Jury member).
- Chosen competition laureates, diploma holders and winners of the special prizes are obliged to take part in the Competition Final concerts of the competition without remuneration.
- The competition's all rounds and final concerts of the winners can be streamed online on radio and television, recorded on audio, video, or compact CD without any additional payment for the participants of the competition. The competition will be available online.
- The Management of the Competition reserves a right to permit all the Competition performances and final concerts to be broadcasted by radio and television and to be produced as audio, video, film, CD, tape cassette and vinyl recordings without remuneration to the competitors.
9. Travel and Accommodation
- Travel to and from Vilnius and accommodation costs are each competitor's responsibility and expenses.
- The Competition will offer special prices and cancellation conditions for selected Hotels in Vilnius to all participants.
- The competition partner Travel Agency "Menu Turas" has appointed a personal manager to help you with the travel, visa, accommodation, and other technical issues or requests
- Management of the Competition intermediates for the participants who need visa in order to come to Lithuania, but it doesn't bear any financial responsibility.
- IMPORTANT: The competition organizers do not take responsibility for travel restrictions and other mandatory decisions made by Lithuanian or/and other countries' authorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The organizers will do everything to mediate between competitors and Lithuanian authorities and make sure to arrange visas and permissions necessary to enter The Republic of Lithuania. Nevertheless, the final decision about arrival to the conditions (quarantine or isolation) will be made individually for each competitor depending on the COVID-19 situation in the outbound country.
10. Competition Schedule:
(The schedules below are preliminary and probably will be modified and refined)
||Registration to the Competition will be available till 1 July 2023.
Results of the Preselection Round will be announced by 10 July 2023.
The participation order will be established by drawing of lots – the order will remain valid until the end of the competition.
The Competition will provide participants with rehearsal facilities.
All Auditions and the Final Concert will be available to the audience and broadcast publicly.
|September 14, Thursday – Registration, Opening Ceremony, Drawing of Lots (Vilnius Town Hall, Didžioji g. 31).
||September 13, Wednesday – Registration, acoustic rehearsals (soundcheck).
September 14, Thursday – Registration, acoustic rehearsals (soundcheck);
Opening Ceremony, Drawing of Lots (Vilnius Town Hall, Didžioji g. 31).
|September 15, Friday – Acoustic rehearsals (soundcheck).
|September 16, Saturday – I Round, First Day.
|September 17, Sunday – I Round, Second Day; Announcement of I Round results.
||September 15, Friday – I Round, First Day.
|September 18, Monday – Acoustic rehearsals (soundcheck).
||September 16, Saturday – I Round, Second Day; Announcement of I Round results.
|September 19, Tuesday – II Round, First Day.
||September 18, Monday – II Round, First Day.
September 20, Wednesday – II Round, Second Day; Announcement of II Round results.
September 21-22, Thursday/Friday – Acoustic rehearsals with Lithuanian National Symphonic Orchestra (soundcheck).
September 19, Tuesday – II Round, Second Day; Announcement of II Round results.
September 20-21, Wednesday/Thursday – Acoustic rehearsals (soundcheck).
|September 22, Friday – Final, First Day – Lithuanian National Philharmonic.
||September 22, Friday – Final – Church of St. Casimir.
September 23, Saturday – Final, Second Day – Lithuanian National Philharmonic.
Closing of the Competition and Award Ceremony at Vilnius National Philharmonic
The Organists Concert of Laureates – Church of St. Casimir
In the event of any discrepancies, the Lithuanian text of these rules shall prevail.
The Jury decisions have primacy and take precedence over the rules and regulations published on the Competition page if the two conflict.
The next International M.K. Čiurlionis Piano and Organ Competition are planned for 2027.