1. One Prelude and Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach selected from:
2. One virtuoso etude by:
3. Sonata selected from:
4. Pieces by M.K. Čiurlionis selected from (duration - 5 minutes):
Note: Pieces specified in points 1 and 3 must be performed without repetitions. The Jury can decide to listen one or two movements of sonata. The programme of the 1st Round is limited to 45 minutes, calculating the full duration of the sonata.
1. Pieces by M.K. Čiurlionis selected from (duration - 10 minutes):
Note: Participants competing for the special prize awarded for the best performance of M.K. Čiurlionis’ pieces in the 2nd Round must perform M.K. Čiurlionis’ Fugue in B-flat minor, VL 345.
2. A piece by Lithuanian composer written especially for the current or previous M. K. Čiurlionis competition:
A piece by Ž. Martinaitytė will be written especially for the 2023 competition until the 1 March 2023.
Note: No less than 3 sketches may be chosen from A. Šenderovas' piece “M.K. Čiurlionis’ Sketches”.
3. One or several pieces by 19th - 21st-century composers.
Note: The programme of the 2nd Round is limited to 50-60 min.
The I Round pieces cannot be repeated in the II Round!
One concerto for piano and orchestra from the list below:
Note: For the works of M.K. Čiurlionis and other Lithuanian composers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org