OSKAR GOTTLIEB BLARR born on May 6, 1934 in former Sandlack Kreis Bartenstein, East Prussia. Formative childhood impressions include metal banging sounds in his father's blacksmith shop, chorales and folk songs in his parents' and his grandparents' houses, the Baroque organ from 1650 and the huge Gothic crucifix in the Bartenstein church, also the military music of the Bartenstein garrisons. In January 1945 he escaped to the Lower Saxony, where he took first private lessons in piano, trumpet and violin and has written first of his compositions. Later he began studying organ in Stade, played with the historic organs of St. Wilhadi Church, also he studied harmony and composition of large-scale pieces. From 1952 studied sacred music and percussion in Hannover.
His first position was at the St. Timothei Church in the Hannover-Waldhausen. 1961 he moved to Düsseldorf, where he worked as the organist at the Neander Church and became the assistant of LKMD prof. Gerhard Schwarz at the Church of St. John. In 1961 gathered and founded the choir at the Neander Church. He took conducting course at the International Summer Academy in Salzburg with Dean Dixon and Leopold Hager during the 1962–1964, and composition class with Bernd Alois Zimmermann in Cologne. From 1962 he participated at the summer courses for New Music in Darmstadt for three times. Since 1963 – co-founder of the music events’ cycle Summer Organ Concerts and in 1965 he conducted the inauguration of the new organ in the Neander Church made by Rieger company. From 1968 to 1976 was responsible for cooperation while working on the records production at the Department of New Spiritual Songs and Musica Sacra Nova, which were published under Schwann. During 1967–1969 was studying in composition class with Krzysztof Penderecki at the Folkwang School of the City of Essen. From 1968 for three years, together with Almut Rößler, they were the main organisers of the O. Messiaen Festival and in 1972 he also organized the I. Stravinsky Festival. During 1970–1972 he was studying in the composition class with Milko Kelemen in Düsseldorf. In 1972 he founded the concert cycle Three Times New. From 1973 to 1975 O. G. Blarr studied in the class of prof. Günther Becker at the Robert Schumann University of Music and Media in Düsseldorf, where he has received a diploma in composition. 1981–1982 he moved to Israel for the further studies. From 1983 he became the lecturer for instrumentation at the Robert Schumann University of Music and Media in Düsseldorf. Since 2008 he is committed to the preservation of historic organs in former East Prussia.